Vision, Mission and Values
To be a premier Management Institute for creating effective and ethical corporate women leaders nurtured through the highest professional and personal values.
We will cultivate the values of respect, reliability, resourcefulness and reverence for all life.
Woman is a Symbol of Shakti. Our endeavour will therefore be
• To afford opportunities for the unfolding of the highest potential of our students.
• To offer education for empowerment of women students who wish to become entrepreneurs/corporate leaders
• To sensitise our students to their emotional, social and civic responsibilities
• To promote research in areas of critical need
• To invest meaningfully in our own human resources so that they may be able to reinvent themselves and become more student-centric
The Sanctuary – Living Our Mission and Vision
At SVIMS, Value education focuses on character building and we walk the talk in a special session everyday called the Sanctuary, which is largely student-centric and participation oriented. Students take turns to organize the sessions, in which they devote time to discussing ethical issues and dilemmas related to workaday life in the corporate and academic world, and spirituality in daily life and the organization. In the words of Rev. Dada J.P. Vaswani, we emphasise the idea that “Reverence is the root of education and Service is the fruit of Education”. Our aim is to instil in the students the spirit of ‘seva’ or service to the community.
The students not only take an active interest in their Sanctuary, but enjoy their roles and responsibilities as organizers/participants in the sanctuary sessions. They have also created their own Sanctuary Facebook Page through which they share their views and responses to issues raised in the Sanctuary.