Start-up is an entity that develops a business model based on either product innovation or service innovation and makes it scalable, replicable and self-reliant. Innovations have a strong linkage to the world of startup. Solutions to unsolved problems form the basis for thinkers to innovate.
On January 16, 2016, the Honorable Prime Minister Shri. Narendra Modi launched the ‘Start-up India’ program. The ‘Start-up India’ program is intended to build a robust eco-system for nurturing innovation and start-ups which will in turn drive sustainable economic growth and generate large scale employment opportunities in India.
Sadhu Vaswani Institute of Management Studies for Girls have created “Innovation, Incubation & Startup Cell”, as per the guidelines of Centre of Innovation, Incubation and Linkages, SPPU and Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India’s ‘Innovation cell’
Major Objective of MHRD – Institute Innovation Council (IIC):
- Plan and conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities specified by MHRD IIC (MIC) like Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc.
- Provide platform to Identify and share success stories amongst the students and faculties to inculcate the entrepreneurship culture in the campus.
- Schedule and Organize regular workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals, venture capitalist.
- Supports students and faculty to create and select a mentor pool for innovative ideas.
Objectives of Startup & Innovation Cell
- To develop entrepreneurial skills among students and faculties.
- To inculcate a culture of innovation-driven entrepreneurship.
- To promote new technology/ knowledge/ innovation-based startups.
- To build a vibrant startup ecosystem, by establishing a network between academia, financial institutions, industries, and other institutes.
As per the instructions received from Savitribai Phule Pune University and Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India’s ‘Innovation cell’, We at Sadhu Vaswani Institute of Management Studies for Girls, Pune has created ‘Innovation, Incubation and Startup Cell’ as given below:
|Designation||Name of the ember|
|Chairman||Dr. B. Nanwani|
|Nominated Faculty Name||Dr Abhijeet Kaiwade (HOD)|
|Placement Coordinator||Ms Bindiya Rangwani|
|Students||Ms Pooja Zawar|
|Experts from Industry||Mr Advait Kurlekar|
Event Calendar 2020-2021
|Council Formation, Uploading of 1st Quarter Action Plan with Minutes of Meeting of Council||4th Nov 2020|
|Creating a Mindset for Entrpreneurship – Invited Talks /Webinar|
|a. ‘When Marketing your own Service Firm‘ by Mr. Akshat Bharani, Founder and Director, 10XDigitals||24th Oct 2020|
|b. Organise One Day Workshop on “Entrepreneurship and Innovation as Career Opportunity”||9th Nov 2020|
|c. Working Capital Management: A Key to Business Success [Startup Perspective] Speaker Name: CA Abhay Gundecha||31st Oct 2020|
|d. From the Lens of an Entrepreneur Webinar –|
‘Talking Entrepreneurship’ in association with
The Indus Entrepreneurs [ TiE Pune Chapter ],
Mr. Advait Kurlekar, Mr. Deepak Dheer, Mr. Raman Nanda along with our Entrepreneur alumna – Ms Aakansha Dharmani
|3rd Oct 2020|
WiW, Mumbai – Women Inspired World
Policy of Innovation, Incubation & Startup Cell
IISC Infrastructure available in SVIMS
Our Incubation Offerings
- Expert Guidance by industry experts, TIE, MCED, aluma who have become entrpreneurs and faculty
- Legal Advisors / Mentors for IPR and Other issues
- Internet Connection
- Conference Room
- Meeting Room
- Internships with startups and entrepreneurial ventures
- Physical Infrastructure – Furnished Office Space, Library resources, IT Lab
- Office equipments
- Organising of motivational talks for creating an entrepreneurial mindest
Selection Procedure for incubation
- Incubatee would be required to submit business proposal in SVIMS Incubation Center format. This can be submitted in SVIMS Incubation Center Office or online using the following Link.: …………..
- The business proposal will be reviewed by a panel of experts [ from TIE]
- In case of a registered company/other legal formats of business, then such registration documents must be submitted along with incubation application
- Merit will be a deciding factor, but all other things remaining the same, women applicants will be given a preference over male applicants
- If incubatees are faculty members or a student of SVIMS then they need to seek formal permission from the SVIMS Director to be part of the venture.
- The Terms, Conditions and other rules and regulations of SVIMS Incubation Centre shall be adhered to by the Incubatee or Company.
- Companies will be permitted to use incubation Centre facilities, by paying Annual charges and Registration Fees.
- Incubation Centre may permit companies to extend their stay for a maximum period of another 12 months with 10% additional Annual Fees.
- Incubatee Company needs to sign necessary agreements on approval of admission in the SVIMS Incubation Centre.