Association Registration details
Governing Body Members
- Ms Darshika Chug
- Ms Sonia Karamchandani
- Ms Sameeksha Makhijani
- Ms Priya Sachadev
- Ms Monika Jedhe
- Ms Bindiya Rangwani
General Body Members
Date: 24th March 2021
Roshani Ramchandani, (Alumni) System Analyst at Information Technology of Foodimentary India was invited to speak on the topic ‘Plan-Analyze-Execute’. She explained planning process of business activities and how planning of a business can reduce uncertainty. She has given example of project planning, effective project encapsulates, market analysis, technical analysis, financial analysis, Economical Analysis, and ecological analysis.
She explained the process by asking students to plan a trip to GOA with friends. Students gave several inputs, and a detailed discussion was held, and a proper trip plan was developed considering cost, mode of travelling, time of travelling, route, hotel stay, places to visit etc. She concluded by advising that proper planning is a must for a successful career and life.
Topic – Introduction to Cyber Security
Date – 12 June 2021
Ms. Sameekasha, started her session with cybercrime and threats while using internet, smartphones, social media, and online meetings.
She enlightened students about the latest cyber threats —
- Cloud vulnerability – enterprises are leveraging cloud applications and storing sensitive data related to their employees and business operations on the cloud.
- AI-Enhanced Cyberthreats, AI Fuzzing
- Smart Contract Hacking
- Social engineering attacks like phishing have always been used by attackers to trick victims into surrendering sensitive information like login details and credit card information.
- Deepfake- is a fake video or audio recording that cybercriminals use for illicit purposes.
- Handing over the keys to the kingdom in terms of personal information, OTP, UPI payment, posting your activities on social media, etc.
She cautioned students against the above crimes and urged everyone to increase their level of awareness and education. She stated that one must never click on the links in the unknown messages, unknown offer link, responding to unknown mails with your personal details.
Her nuggets of wisdom:
Educate yourself on the importance of data protection and security protocols. Focus on cyber security awareness.
Create a unique and strong password combination and complement it with two-factor authentication to access the system.
Invest in cybersecurity tools like antivirus software, firewall, and other privacy tools to automatically scan threats. Install and update your antivirus software.
Topic – Job Opportunities in Risk Management
Date – 10 July 2021
Ms. Sonal Makhijani, Assistant Vice president, Credit Suisse, Pune – explained the concept of Risk management as the process of identifying, assessing and controlling threats to an organization’s capital and earnings. These threats, or risks, could stem from a wide variety of sources, including financial uncertainty, legal liabilities, strategic management errors, accidents and natural disasters, IT security and data theft. Risk management strategies to alleviate these, have become a top priority for digitized companies.
She explained that a Risk Manager has to communicate risk policies and processes of an organisation; develop risk mitigation models; provide research and analytical support and ensure that controls are operating effectively. A risk manager has to make sure that the company only takes the risks that will help it achieve its primary objectives while keeping all other risks under control.
Ms. Makhijani also spoke about career options in this space:
- Risk Analyst
- Insurance Analyst
- Loss Control Representative
- Risk Consultant
- Risk Control Consultant
- Risk Management Consultant
- Risk Manager
- Business Risk Manager
SKILLS required for successful Risk Management:
- Financial acumen
- Analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Industry and Market knowledge
- Ability to endure and work under stress
- Technical skills, negotiation skills and the ability to influence people
- Good communication and presentation skills