Under Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
Program Officer: Dr Abhijeet Kaiwade
2020-2021 list of volunteers
|26th February 2022||Sinhgad Fort Cleaning and Khadakwasla River cleaning Drive||14|
|10 March to 16 March 2022||NSS Special Camp||25|
|21st March To 4th April, 2022||Poshan Pakhwada||106|
|14 April 2022||Blood Donation drive||5|
21st March To 4th April, 2022
This year, Sadhu Vaswani Institute of Management Studies for Girls celebrated Poshan Pakhwada Abhiyan from 21st March 2022 to 4th April, 2022. Addressing, identification & celebration of Healthy Child and Integration of modern and traditional practices for healthy India organizing Poshan Panchayats were the key focus areas for Poshan Pakhwada, 2022.
Activities were planned during the month of March as an initiative response to the pressing concern on malnutrition, stunting, anaemia, low birth weight and other nutrition related problems with an aim to raise awareness and improve nutritional index of women and children at Sant Gadge Maharaj Vasti, Koregaon Park, Pune. Such activities help children, adolescents, pregnant women and lactating mothers by leveraging guidance through targeted approach and convergence.
List of activities performed during Poshan Pakhwada2021
1. Measurement of Height and Weight of Children under 6 years who are beneficiaries in the Sant Gadge Maharaj Vasti (slum area of Koregaon Park) along with Anganwadi tai.
2. Activities focused on Gender Sensitive Water Management and generating awareness in women about the importance of water conservation and promoting rainwater harvesting structures including in SVIMS.
3. Prevention and treatment of Anaemia in children and adolescent girls
4. Test, Treat and Talk Anaemia and
5. Testing of Anaemia for children and adolescent girls with individual counselling by Dr Dilip Pardeshi.
6. Promote traditional food for healthy mother and child
Blood Donation drive
In association with
1. Poona Serological Institute Blood Bank (PSI), Dhanwantri Complex, next to Indian Red Cross Society, Rasta Peth, Pune.
2. Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Sanskrutik Mohotsav Samiti, Akhil Queens Garden, CAMP, Pune
3. Junior & Youth Indian Red Cross Society, Pune.
14 April 2022
Tie: 11 am to 12 noon
Venue: Queens Garden, Pune
A Blood Donation Camp was organized by the NSS Unit of the Institute on the occasion of the “131st Birth Anniversary of Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar”. Five NSS volunteers and programme officer participated in the blood donation drive. Despite the rejection of a few willing donors, 19 pints of blood were collected. The NSS volunteers helped with registrations and looking after the welfare of the donors.
Mr Ganesh Kakade, Adhyaksha, Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Sanskrutik Mohotsav Samiti, Pune appreciated the work of NSS volunteers. Dr. Tejashree Parange, Dr. Trupti Dhawale and their team PSI Blood Bank thanked our NSS volunteers girls’ team for quick response and energy
Sinhgad Fort Cleaning and Khadakwasla River cleaning Drive
Sadhu Vaswani Institute of Management Studies’ NSS unit undertook a cleanliness drive under the aegis of Savitribai Phule Pune University’s NSS Fort and Heritage Cleanliness Programme on 26th February 2022.
Under this activity 14 NSS volunteers and 2 faculty members participated and undertook the following initiatives:
- Cleaning of fort premises – Tanaji Malusare Samadhi, Amruteshwar and Hanuman Mandir, Kalyan Darwaja and Khadakwasla Bank of river. Students cleaned mentioned area, collected plastic waste etc.
- Presented a street play for sensitizing visitors about the need to maintain our heritage sites. Presented following points in street play
- Why to maintain heritage site
- Importance of segregating biodegradable waste and non-biodegradable waste and using the designated bins for disposal of waste.
- Link for the video – https://youtu.be/gZcDo0JrU4E
- Mr Mahesh Khade, Gramsevak, Ghera Sinhgad Grampanchayat, Pune delivered a session on ‘Our Heritage …. Saving ourselves’. He narrated the story of Sinhgad fort and importance of Sinhgad fort in Maratha Empire.
“SEETI BAJAO SHOR MACHAO” A RALLY AGAINST SEXUAL HARASSMENT
NSS and Student driven activity – Community Outreach program
22nd December 2021
· The students and faculty discussed about the ideas for the street play a fortnight before the event. It was heartening to see the feelings that flowed amongst the students to the theme of the street play.
· With Director’s permission and guidance, the Koragaon Park Police Station was approached for permission to hold a rally from the Institute to the Gadge Maharaj Vasti.
· The students blew the whistles throughout the rally with the slogan “Jab Dekho Koi Atyachaar, Seeti Bajao Shor Machao”.
· On reaching the Vasti, the students walked in the bylanes of the Vasti, attracting the residents’ attention and asking them to come and watch the street play.
· The students then performed on the street which captured the attention of women and children alike.
· The Police Representative, Constable Samarth Shide, helped in controlling the traffic so that our goal could be achieved.
· The Rally returned to SVIMS with a feeling of contentment, having shared with women at the Vasti the need to be self-dependent for her children’s and her security. The message given to everyone was that silence gives wings to abusers. Therefore, to voice injustice is important.
SVIMS Green Army – Tree Plantation
04 August 2021
Sadhu Vaswani Institute of Management Studies for Girls Pune celebrated ‘Green Army’. Dr. B.H. Nanwani (Director) along with Students, Parent, faculty members and administrative staff participated in this ‘Tree Plantation’ drive, on 8th August 2021, at Holkarwadi forest land, Phursungi, Pune. Samajik Vanikar Nursury Aundh, Pune provided us 2-year-old 60 sampling of medicinal plants-Awala, Kadulimb, Pipal, Wad, Babul, etc Indian fruits – Shitaphal, Mango, Shewga etc and Rain tree plants. We prepared 2X2X2 pits for planting the sapling, for plantation drive administrative staff, Mr Shinde Parent, Staff of Samajik Vanikaran, Watchman & Guard participated.